Welcome to read a concise biography of me as a clinical psychologist and researcher. I have years of experience of working at a variety of settings from psychiatric hospitals to publicly funded employment projects. I have a keen interest on social, cultural, linguistic, and discursive phenomena, and my approach as both researcher and psychologist can be described as constructionist. In addition, I’m very interested in people’s sense of agency (and the lack of it) in different contexts.
In counselling, therapy, and consultative work, you will see me using a combination of perspectives from cognitive, cognitive-analytical, and integrative therapy schools, mindfulness, and more post modern, language-focused approaches. As a psychologist, I enjoy working with ambitious and driven people who are interested in self-development and becoming their best self both professionally and in their personal lives. I also have a special interest in all intercultural matters and helping expatriates. I work in three languages: my mother tongue Finnish, English, and Swedish.
Previous work experience:
- Vocational guidance psychologist and job coach at Valmennuskeskus Public, 2019-2020
- Development coordinator at Developing psychosocial services for One-stop Guidance Centers (Onni-project); Public Employment and Business Services, Helsinki, Finland 2018 – 2019
- PhD grant researcher at University of Jyväskylä, Finland 2018
- Psychologist at Family Counselling Office, City of Riihimäki, Finland 2017
- Psychologist at Polyclinic of General Hospital Psychiatry, Central Hospital of Tavastia Proper, Hämeenlinna, Finland 2015-2017
- PhD grant researcher at University of Jyväskylä, Finland 2015
- Psychologist at Early Rehabilitation Polyclinic, Päijät-Häme Central Hospital Lahti, Finland 2013-2015
- Psychologist at Psychiatric Acute Wards and General Hospital Psychiatry, Päijät-Häme Central Hospital, Lahti, Finland 2012-2013
- Psychologist at Maternity and Child Health Clinic, City of Helsinki, Finland 2011-2012
- Psychologist at Mental Health Center, City of Joensuu, Finland 2010-2011
- Psychologist trainee at Mental Health Center, City of Joensuu, Finland 2010
University of Jyväskylä, Finland: Doctor of Psychology (2020) Dissertation: “Constructions of agency and nonagency in psychotherapy: The 10 Discursive Tools Model”. Supervisors: Prof. Jarl Wahlström and Dr. Katja Kurri
University of Eastern Finland: Master of Arts (Psychology) (2010) Minor in Comparative Literature and Scandinavian languages Dissertation: “Ihminen ihmiselle” vai asiantunteva vallankäyttäjä? Kognitiivisen käyttäytymisterapian opiskelijoiden reflektiopäiväkirjoissaan rakentamat käsitykset psykoterapeuttiudesta [”Person to Person” or an Expert Using Power? The Conceptions Regarding Psychotherapists Constructed in the Reflection Diaries Written by Students of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy]. Supervisor: Professor Katri Komulainen
University of Joensuu, Finland: Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) (2009)
For more information:
This is my biography in a nutshell. To know more, you can visit
If you have any questions, you can always contact me.